The use of granite for building dates back to centuries, so what have they been using in cleaning granite? Of course, cleaning granite countertops should be an easy task but it’s not. A simple mistake can lead to a stain that’ll forever be on your granite countertop. Let’s put the controversies surrounding granite countertop care to rest at once;
1. Always use a combination of mild washing liquid in cleaning the granite countertop. You can also consider a warm water solution with the washing liquid.
2. Use a soft fabric in wiping the granite countertop. Ensure the cloth is dry and soft, preferably a white fabric.
3. There are stains to wipe off immediately before they become an irremovable stain; oil, wine, tomato sauce and other smears.
4. There should be regular cleaning of your granite countertop. Immediately after cooking or using the kitchen isn’t bad.
5. Contact a granite fabricator in Kansas city if you have issues on cleaning your granite countertop.
1. Don’t allow any spill to stay too long on your granite countertops. Wipe it off immediately.
2. Never clean your granite countertops with acidic and harsh cleaning solutions. It will affect the shine and loosen the sealants.
3. Never use a scouring pad on your granite countertop, regardless of how tough the stains are. It will cause a scratch and that’ll be the beginning of the end of your granite countertop.
4. Stay away from ammonia or bleach on your granite countertops.
If you are able to abide by these do’s and don’ts, you are going to get the best out of your granite countertops.